Are you still having problems keeping the deer out of your garden and yard? Repellent Review has offered ways of using deer resistant plants to keep those pesky animals from nibbling every bud and bloom in site. We’ve shown you how electronic repellent devices can do more than keep the deer away. You’ve tried homemade deer repellent, and they’re still biting! Well if the scarecrow sprinkler couldn’t even deter the deer, you might give the book Deerproofing Your Yard and Garden a read. Learning why and how deer are attracted, and combating this, is this premise of the book.
Here are a few comments from others who’ve tried the ideas inside:
- ‘This book should really be called 101 ideas for hopefully keeping deer at bay’
- ‘an excellent book that tackles a critical wildlife management issue intelligently and without politics and rhetoric’
- ‘This book has become the bible of deer resistant gardening for good reason’
- ‘A range of strategies for keeping deer out of the garden’
- ‘a lot of good ideas for deterring deer from one’s yard and covered all kinds of fencing options’
Repellent Review picked up a copy and found the chapter on landscaping with deer resistant plants helpful. The author, Rhonda Hart is an experienced gardener that discusses topics ranging from what plants to try in order to deter deer in specific zones, to the alternatives in building a deer-proof fence.
The authors keen insight into the habits and characteristics of the deer is entertaining and informative. Whether you’re a Gardening Grandmother, a reader of Gardening books, or the owner of an illegal garden, there’s a tip or two for you in this book.