We’ve given a tip before on how to stop the itch from mosquito bites if you’re not at home. That solution is for campers, hikers, or those people with no time to stop and mix up a home remedy. If you’re able to treat the bite at home, here’s a few home remedy techniques that should help stop the itch. Follow as many of these steps as possible.
How to treat a mosquito bite:
- First, clean the infected area with soap and HOT water.
- Stop scratching the mosquito bite! We know, not easy, but it only aggravates the bite. Have your child slap the bite if it’s difficult to stop them from scratching. It’s quick relief without the irritation.
- Rub the bite with rubbing alcohol if available. This will cool the bug bite and also disinfect it.
- Take a couple tablespoons of baking soda and mix it with water to create a pasty substance. Apply the home remedy paste to the mosquito bite.
- If baking soda is unavailable, rub soap on the bite and leave it on.
- Go to the store and purchase some calamine lotion to have on hand next time.
While you do your best to avoid getting bit; no repellent can stop 100% of mosquito bites. Following these few home remedy tips should help alleviate that darned itch.